Community Creative Action Protest!
Whitehaven Coal and Idemistu Coal are lining up their bulldozers to destroy more of the precious Leard State Forest and one of the last remaining Gomeroi sacred site in the forest: Lawlers Well.
Around the world coal prices are falling, governments are placing moratoriums on new mines and existing mines are closing. Renewable energy is now cheaper to produce than burning fossil fuels. It’s only a matter of time until Whitehaven goes bust.
Whitehaven Coal is on it financial knees and we will stop them now, with your help, before the Leard is smashed.
FrontLine Action on Coal is a welcoming and participatory grass roots group made up of diverse people from all walks of life. It doesn’t matter if you’ve never done anything like this before. There are a million ways you get get involved, from attending this event on the ground to promoting, organising and supporting from where you live.
The Leard Blockade is a pivotal campaign that continues to change lives through building community, sharing skills, and acting directly to shut down the Maules Creek and Boggabri Coal Mines to protect the Leard State Forest.
Contact us if you would like to have a chat and ask questions about how you can help. The FLAC community will help to support your action.
Three things you can do today!
- Organize your time so you can make this historic event. Block out a section of your diary from Feb 15, or earlier if you’d like to help setup, and then let us know you’re coming.
- Write a hand written letter to Environment Minister Greg Hunt urging him to use his ministerial power to stop the destruction of Gomeroi sacred site, Lawler’s Well (click here for more information).
- Talk to your friends, family and community. Help make this event get bigger and better. Suggestions below.
- Join and support your local FLAC group. (Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane).
- If you don’t have a group in your local area, create one to help organise carpooling and information sessions.
- Assist with planning, event logistics, people wrangling and mentoring.
- Donate camping gear, teepees, food, bush gear. Help with Fundraising.
- Join our communications and online team. Share our posts on your social media.
- Bring a band, create art, props, graphics and banners. Be creative.
- Help with tech: solar energy and sound systems.
Let us know you’re coming
- February 13, 2016 at 12pm – February 23, 2016
Leard State Forest
Boggabri, NSW 2382
Google map and directions